Tuesday 14 September 2010

Oh the weather outside is weather...




This weekend was pretty low key and I read two books  - Insatiable by Meg Cabot, and Tweak by Nic Sheff. Both books were good and it was a nice way to spend the weekend. On Sunday night Julie, Rhonda (my classmate and her mom) and I went out for supper to a pub that was just down the road. It was nice to get out after a weekend of staying in the house.

Monday morning I had an appointment at the bank and FINALLY got an account set up, which means that Julie and I are that much closer to getting internet and phone in our flat. My friend Ashleigh, who is going to Queens in Belfast, came into Glasgow so I met her at the train station and we spent the day exploring in the pouring rain.
Ashleigh and I hiding from the rain in the Botanic Gardens
Someone was nice enough to give this guy a scarf to protect him from the cold



We spent some time in the city center and went to the city chambers office - apparently they have the one of two alabaster staircases in the world, the other one is in the Vatican in Rome.

Inside of City Chambers
   



























1 comment:

  1. Alabaster staircase....hmmm....I need to get me one of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete