Tuesday 21 September 2010

Journey to Leprachaun Land

I went to Belfast in Northern Ireland for the weekend with my friend AJ to visit my friend Ashleigh who is getting a Master's Degree from Queen's University. I got on a plane at 7am on Saturday and met AJ and Ashleigh in Belfast. Saturday we walked around the city center and went to a movie. We also went to a Belfast Giants hockey game, they played the Edinburgh Capitals. Theo Fleury played for the Belfast Giants for a while.


Ashleigh and I with a Flames fan in Belfast


Ashleigh and I with the Belfast Giants Mascot  
Outside the Canadian Sports Bar in the arena
We saw a lot of people with NHL Jerseys and Team Canada Jerseys at the game. After the game we went to the Canadian themed sports bar in the hockey arena. There were a bunch of jerseys hanging on the walls.


Aj, Ashleigh and I with the U of Lethbridge Pronghorns Jersey


The Blizzard Jersey that was in the bar.
We had a fairly early night on Saturday and on Sunday we walked from Ashleigh's dorm on Queen's Campus to city center. We had lunch and took pictures of beautiful Belfast. AJ and I caught our flight back to Glasgow at 7pm. It was a quick trick, but was a lot of fun!

Belfast City Hall  



Queens Campus
Ashleigh and AJ in Belfast

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics!!! That looked like a lot of fun. Flames! Pfffttt....

    Cool jersey collection, and Queen's looks very pretty.

    Glad you and AJ and Ash had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete